- Nothing beats a real wood fire.
- Gas is Afrikaans for a guest at your braai, not something you braai with.
- Braaing is the only fat-negative way of cooking food. Even when you steam food the fat in it stays behind. When you braai the fat drips out.
- Try to never braai with indigenous wood. Alien vegetation like Rooikrantz and Blackwattle drink lots of ground water and besides, it feels good burning Australian rubbish.
- Braaing is a direct form of energy use, from the coals, to your meat. With conventional electricity there is a lot spillage between the power plant, power lines, electricity box, wires, stove and pan. If you love the earth, braai.
- Have enough ice at your braai. To put in Klipdrift & Coke, to keep beer cold, and to treat burn wounds with.
- Smoke flies to pretty people, so send them to the kitchen to go and make salad.
- Animals eat grass, leaves and vegetables all their lives and convert it to meat. Eating meat is like eating vitamin pills.
- A cow must only be killed once. Do not braai you steak until the flavour is dead.
- A braaibroodjie is your chance in life to have your bread buttered on both sides.
Click here to ask braai advice, each question will be answered personally by myself, Jan Braai. All serious questions will be answered seriously.
Click here for more braai information.
This entry was posted in Braai Information
. Bookmark the permalink
. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post
or leave a trackback: Trackback URL