The oldest surviving traditional Butchery in the town of Stellenbosch, Eikeboom Slagtery (Eikeboom Butchery), was acquired by Nic and Elize van Rensburg in May 1996 and with loyal support from the people of Stellenbosch became a go-to facility when you were in need of meat.
In a traditional butchery like this you don’t walk in and demand specific meat. You walk in and ask the butcher what he specialises in. Eikeboom Slagtery (Eikeboom Butchery in Stellenbosch) specialises in traditionally made Biltong, Droewors, matured quality meats for a successful braai, boerewors and hamburger patties.
- Address: 19 Pleinstreet, Stellenbosch en Devon Place H/v R304 en Bottelaryroad, Koelenhof
- Telephone number: 0218865731 (Stellenbosch) en 0218652559 (Koelenhof)
- Website: www.eikeboom.co.za
- Opening Times: 08:00 till 17:30 (Stellenbosch) and 09:00 till 18:00 (Koelenhof) Saturday till 13:30
- Signature dishes: Stellenbosch Boerewors, traditional Biltong & Droëwors