There’s nothing more satisfying than slapping a thick slab of meat onto a red-hot grill. No other cooking method comes close – that sizzling sound, that instant whiff of charred juices, that perfumed smoke rising up to whet the appetite. But sometimes there is more to braaing than meets the eye – how a man behaves in front of a fire speaks to his character, to his work ethic and his relationship with other men – you are what you braai.
Kitchen Cowboys (Pete Goffe-Wood) & Jan Braai (me) invite you to join us for More Meat Mondays where we will crank it up a notch in the lead up to National Braai Day on 24th September. We will present three once-off braai lessons, 12 persons per lesson.
- When: 5, 12, 19 September
- Where: Kitchen Cowboys, 20 Brickfield Rd, Woodstock
- How much: R650
What will we will all be cooking (i.e. arrive hungry):
- Milk Stout chicken, beer & corn bread
- Hangar steak, shallots & mustard sauce
- Rack of lamb, cous cous & harissa
- Grilled line fish, marinated fennel, sauce vierge
- Pork belly, pickled cabbage, new potato & bacon salad
Bookings: email@example.com or 021 448 2433