Posted by toni
BRAAIED BRINJAL STEAKS
Allow roughly ½ large brinjal per person, wash and slice lengthways into about 1cm slices.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime or small lemon
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fine ground himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- This marinade works best if it is made a day in advance so the flavors can blend.
- Marinate Brinjal slices for no more than a few minutes.
- Drain and braai, basting as you go.
- Serve with braaied red and yellow peppers and your fave bread and salads.