Posted by Ina Paarman
- 6 bone-in loin of pork chops ± 2 cm thick trimmed of excess fat
- Ina Paarman’s Braai & Grill Seasoning
- olive oil
- Ina Paarman’s Sticky Marinade
- a very big bunch of fresh rosemary and/or sage
- Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Mustard Sauce
Imagine juicy glazed pork chops infused with deep smoky flavour. All within easy reach with this unique method.
1. Cut 2 slits 3 cm apart through the fat layer to prevent curl-up when cooking. Season both sides of the chops with braai & grill seasoning and drizzle with olive oil. Pat the seasoning and oil into the meat. Leave chops at room temperature for 30 minutes while preparing medium hot coals. Clean the grid.
2. Lift the grid and place a small pan in the middle of the braai, directly on the coals, to create a coal free zone. (I prefer to do this rather than raking the coals to the sides) Stand the chops fat side up in a special little smoke rack or in doggy bone shaped cookie cutters. The bones below will buffer the meat from excessive heat. Place the rack on the grid.
3. Smoke the chops for 7-9 minutes. Open the lid. Remove the smoke rack. Lift the grid and remove the pan from the coals. Replace the grid and lay the chops down flat on the grid. Baste the chops with Sticky Marinade. Turn and baste regularly until done. Finally give it a generous glaze of marinade before serving. Serve with mustard sauce, garlic bread and a well dressed Greek salad. (serves 6)