Jordie’s pig ribbertjies
Posted by Chris Jordan
- Enough for 8 people
- 5 kg pig ribs, fresh, uncooked and with the skin intact
- Nomu Pork Seasoning
- Good quality honey, about 1 litre
- Sprinkle the Nomu Pork Seasoning liberally the night before and leave in fridge – do not freeze.
- Allow three hours before the last stretch which will be another 30 minutes.
- Stoke a Weber big time, indirect with good quality charcoal.Leave to burn through for about 20 minutes.
- Place a drip tray at the bottom and on the grid, pack the ribbertjies with the skin on the outside, almost tent shaped.
- Place the lid on and LEAVE for 3 hours.
- Now, cut the skin, which ought to be crispy from the ribbertjies and cut the ribbertjies in individual pieces. Place in a large pan and squirt the honey liberally over the ribbertjies.
- Place back in Weber and make sure the heat is still OK, if not, stoke the fire brother.
- ave three more beers and take out.
- Serve immediately with a moerse groot salad
This entry was posted in Pork
. Bookmark the permalink
. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post
or leave a trackback: Trackback URL