My friend Seth Rotherham is many things including editor of 2Oceansvibe.com, DJ on 2Ocensvibe Radio, owner of 2Oceansvibe media and GQ’s best dressed man in 2010. Then there is also the Butlers pizza named after him (The Rotherham). But none of this really makes him a real man as defined by people living in Bellville, De Aar, Bloemfontein or Pretoria. That changes today, with the official launch of the Rotherhamburger. Seth hosted me for a braai at the 2Oceansvibe Radio studios this morning for what was my final braai in Cape Town before leaving to the next stop of the Braai4Heritage tour, the wine capital Stellenbosch. At the braai this morning I launched “The Rotherhamburger, inspired by Seth Rotherham”. The Rotherhamburger is a decadent chicken burger topped with feta, bacon, mozerella and salami.
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 8 slices salami
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- crumbled feta feta cheese
- Light the fire.
- Spice the chicken breasts with your favourite chicken spice.
- When the coals are ready braai the chicken breasts until medium (about 10 minutes) and fry the bacon in a pan on the fire or in a pan on a stove.
- Assemble the burger as follows: Salami, feta, chicken breast, mozzarella, bacon. (The chicken and bacon will melt the mozzarella, thus logic dictates that you can also assemble it: bacon, mozzarella, chicken, feta, salami).
- If you use good quality salami and bacon it will make the burger taste even better.
- Chicken breasts dry out easily when overcooked.