Posted by Adam Penn-Nicholson
- Extra- firm tofu
- mushrooms, sliced
- Red and/or green pepper, cut into large chunks
- Sweet red onion, cut into large chunks
- Baby marrow/zucchini, cut into large chunks
- Kebab sticks
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Peri-peri sauce
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Fresh garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Sesame seeds
- Chop tofu into large chunks and allow to dry at room temperature for 20min.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour
- mixture over the tofu.
- Mix well and leave in sealed container until ready to braai. (you can prepare this the day before).
- Take kebab sticks and soak in water for ten minutes.
- Skewer tofu and veggies on kebab stick
- Baste with olive oil and remaining marinade and place onto braai for 10min, turning occasionally.
- Tip: Other mariades such as peanut sauce, sweet and sour sauce or BBQ sauce are awfully good, too.