As we all know the braaibroodjie is and will always be the best braai item in the world. There is always something new and different to put on top of your braaibroodjie. While visiting a banana farm, I thought these bananas deserve to be the star on a braaibroodjie.
- 16 slices of bread
- Butter to spread on the bread
- 1 packet of streaky bacon
- 8 bananas, halved or sliced into slices
- 1 block (300g) grated cheddar cheese
- Golden syrup
- First braai your bacon, you can either braai it on a grid for the best crispy bacon, or use a pan or lid of your potjie to braai them if you dont have an extra grid hanging around.
- Spread butter on the outside of your bread. Place the cheese, the bananas, then bacon on the side of the bread that is not buttered.
- Drizzle some syrup over and close the braaibroodjie with another slice of bread that is buttered on the outside.
- Braai the braaibroodjies over medium heat, making sure to turn them often. This will enusre that the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, nice and crispy.
SHARE THIS RECIPE