This recipe is in actual fact very simple and obvious, but as South Africans, we all love the taste profile of a classic bobotie. So why not make it into a burger?
- 1 kg good quality beef mince
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tot medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tot vinegar
- 1 tot apricot jam
- 4 burger buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Chutney to serve
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 Fried eggs for serving (optional)
- Season the beef mince with salt, pepper, curry powder and turmeric and mix well.
- Add the vinegar and apricot jam and mix well.
- Use a patty press or your hands to make 4 burger patties. Do not handle or touch the meat too much, less means more taste.
- Braai the patties over medium coals until medium done. A few minutes before the patties are done, toast the burger buns on the fire.
- Build the burger by starting with the toasted buns, then tomatoes followed by the patty.
- Pour a generous helping of chutney over the patty and top with red onions.
- Serve the burger with a fried egg on top
SHARE THIS RECIPE