This recipe is full of flavour and great taste with the added flavours from the boerewors this meal is complete!
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 packet good quality boerewors (about 500g)
- 1 tot curry powder
- 1 tot paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 1 sachet tomato paste (50g)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tot sugar
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml water
- Pita bread and tomato salsa to serve
- Place your potjie on the fire and heat the olive oil. Fry the onion and red pepper until soft.
- Chop the boerewors into bite size pieces and fry the boerewors for a few minutes until they are brown and have a few crisp edges.
- Start to add all the spices and fry this for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and mix well and fry for another minute.
- Add the tin tomatoes, sugar and water. Season with salt and pepper. Let this simmer on medium heat for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve the boerewors curry with toasted pita bread and fresh tomato salsa.
SHARE THIS RECIPE