When you start this pasta with good quality boerewors, you are already ahead in the game for the fact that the boerewors is spiced with a whole lot of great spices.
- 1 packet good quality boerewors
- olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into small blocks
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tot butter
- 2 cups cooked shell pasta
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- 125 ml parmesan or white cheddar cheese, grated
- Remove the boerewors from the casing and braai in a fire proof pan over very high heat in a bit of olive oil. When the boerewors is brown and there is a few crispy sides, add the white wine and let this simmer for a few minutes
- Now in your potjie, fry the onion and apple in your potjie until soft, add the garlic and fennel seeds and butter.
- Add the boerewors to your potjie and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and a bit of water and mix and stir it all together.
- Add the chilli flakes, parsley and the cheese and serve straight from the potjie to your guests.
SHARE THIS RECIPE