This recipe is based on the famous Huevos Rancheros, but we added a South African vibe, so we call it the Boerseun Breakfast
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Jan Braai peri peri sauce
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 packet streaky bacon
- fresh bread, toasted on the fire to serve.
- Heat the olive oil in your fireproof pan and fry the onion and red pepper until soft.
- Season with chilli powder and Jan Braai peri peri sauce and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Break the eggs open into the tomato and let the eggs bake slowly until cooked.
- On the side, braai you bacon in a hinged grid until crispy, serve on top of the baked eggs and with a side of freshly toasted bread from the fire.
SHARE THIS RECIPE