I used Denny Bolognese sauce for this recipe, but you can always just use left over bolognese, or make it from scratch. This was one of my favourite meals that we prepared on the TV show. It is so easy and extremely delicious.
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 tots tomato paste (50 g)
- 1 packet Denny Bolognese sauce
- 1 tin Red Kidney beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 – 12 tortilla wraps
- Heat the oil in your potjie and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the beef mince and fry until brown.
- Add the tomato paste and let this mix and fry for a few mintues making sure everything is well mixed together.
- Next add your Denny Bolognese sauce and the beans, and let this simmer for 15 – 20 minutes on low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Build your quesidilla: Fill half of the wrap with a layer of bolognese, then top with cheddar cheese. Close the wrap, so now you have a half circle. Then fold the wrap again, now you have a quarter circle. Carry on with the rest of the wraps
- Carefully arrange the wraps on your hinged grid, and braai over medium coals, and turn often. You need to approach them the same way as you would a braaibroodjie.
- They are ready to serve once the outside is toasted and crisp and the cheese melted on the inside.
- Add fresh chilis with the cheese is you are feeling adventurous.
SHARE THIS RECIPE