Posted by Wynand van Ellewee
- 1,5kg pork spareribs, washed and trimmed
- 125ml soy sauce
- 25ml honey
- 15ml sherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Place the spareribs in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the ribs. (If you need more marinade, increase all the ingredients).
- Marinate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Braai the spareribs over moderate coals for about 25-30 minutes, turning and basting often with marinade.
- When they are 80% done, you can (but dont have to) cut them and throw them back with the remaining marinade and toss them around in the bowl. Return to grid and finish the braai. The sauce will then also cover their exposed sides, as shown on the photo.
SHARE THIS RECIPE