FOR THE KIMCHI:
- 1 Chinese cabbage
- 5 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots coarsely grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 2.5cm ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce or sriracha salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
FOR THE BURGER:
- 500g lean beef mince or 4 good quality burger patties
- 4 burger buns
- Chop all the vegetables, season with salt and place into a jar with a lid that can close tightly.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, fish sauce, sriracha and rice wine vinegar together and pour over the vegetables in your jar.
- Add 1 tot of water just to get things going, close the lid tightly and leave for 1 day to start the fermenting process.
- Braai yur burger patties over hot coals and serve the kimchi on top of you patty and burger bun
SHARE THIS RECIPE