This recipe is one of those potjies you will make whenever you see capers in your fridge, very ease and super delicious. This is a great crowd pleaser.
- 2 tots olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 700g baby potatoes
- 2 tots capers, drained
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Place your potjie on the fire, heat the oil in your potjie and fry the onion until soft. Add the chicken and fry until they are a bit browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic, baby potatoes, capers and wine and let this cook for a few minutes until most of the wine is cooked away.
- Add the cream, place the lid on top and let this potjie simmer very gently for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and fresh parsley and serve hot.
SHARE THIS RECIPE