The sweetness of the mango goes great with the coconut milk, this is a great combination of flavours and a crowd pleaser.
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 peppers, chopped (red and yellow)
- 6 – 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 1 tot freshly grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tot medium curry powder
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 mango, cut into blocks
- Heat the oil in your potjie and fry the onion and peppers until soft.
- Add the chicken pieces and let them fry with the meat side down in order to get a bit of colour on the chicken. Next season the chicken with salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for another minute.
- Add half of the mango blocks and coconut milk, place the lid on top and let this simmer on low heat for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Open the potjie, add the rest of the mango and let it simmer for about 15 minutes without the lid.
- Serve the potjie with fresh roosterkoek on the side.
SHARE THIS RECIPE