Add recipe info here…
Ingredients (serves 4 – 6)
- 1 tot vegetable oil
- 1 onion (very finely chopped or even grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped or crushed)
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped)
- 1 tot brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 tot soy sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
MAKE THE SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a small to medium-sized potjie or pan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli until soft.
- Next you add the brown sugar and fry until the sugar starts to caramelise.
- Add the peanut butter and soy sauce, and stir well. Now add the coconut milk and bring to the boil while stirring until it forms a smooth sauce. Reduce the heat by dragging away some of the coals under the potjie and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes.
- The satay sauce in now ready to be served with braaied chicken sosaties.
HOW TO MAKE AND BRAAI CHICKEN SOSATIES
- Buy deboned chicken thighs or breasts and cut them into bite-sized chunks. Rub the meat with your favourite tailor-made braai salt and then skewer the meat. Cover the sosaties and leave them in your fridge until you braai them.
- Alternatively, just buy chicken sosaties at your favourite butchery or supermarket.
- Chicken sosaties made from thigh meat are juicier than those made from breast meat, so look out for those.
- Chicken sosaties braai in about 10 minutes over medium-hot coals and you can see the meat change in colour as it cooks.
SHARE THIS RECIPE