So we all agree that a braaibroodjie is probably the best meal in the world. Then it just makes sense to make a dessert braaibroodjie. Now you can have braaibroodjies for starters, main meals and dessert. Makes 8 braaibroodjies.
- 16 slices of white bread
- Soft butter to spread on the bread
- 1 jar Nutella or chocolate spread
- 2 x 100g slabs of hazelnut chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 cup pecan nuts, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter the outsides of all your bread slices. Turn the bread around and spread Nutella over the inside of 8 slices of bread.
- Cover the Nutella slices generously with chopped chocolate and pecan nuts.
- Cover the bread with the other slice of bread and braai in a hinged grid over medium heat. Turn often to make sure the chocolate melts evenly, and the outside of the bread is nice and toasted.
- Just before they are done, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle the sugar over the toasted bread. Toast on the fire again on both sides for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve the chocolate braaibroodjies with ice cream, or just as is!
SHARE THIS RECIPE