For the dough:
- 500 g cake flour
- 1 tot sugar
- 1 packet (10 g) instant yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup lukewarm water
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup tots soft Butter
- 2 tots Cinnamon
- 2 tots Soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tots honey
For the sauce:
- 1 tub (250 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk (depending on how you like the sauce to be)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Mix the flour, sugar and yeast together. Pour the lukewarm water over the flour and start to knead the mixture until you have a soft elastic ball of dough.
- Place the dough in a warm place and let it rise to double the size.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and knock down the dough for the 2nd time. Use your rolling pin or any heavy object and roll out the dough into a big rectangle.
- Spread the butter over the dough, followed the cinnamon, sugar, nuts, raisins and finally drizzling some honey all over.
- Use your hands and neatly roll op the rectangle, making sure to keep all the stuffing inside.
- Cut the long log into smaller rounds, and place into your potjie that has been prepared with butter,oil or non stick spray.
- Bake on the fire o medium hear with coals at the bottom and on top for about 30 – 40 minutes. until cooked inside.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the sauce , and drip over the cinnabuns.
SHARE THIS RECIPE