Coconut ice is very easy to make and is made with non-perishable ingredients. You can always make it before a braai and spoil your guests with something special.
- 1 packet (500g) icing sugar
- 1 packet (400g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 5 ml lemon juice
- a little bit of extra milk in case you feel it is a bit dry
- pink food colouring
- Place the icing sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the condensed milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add a little bit of milk if needed.
- Use a wooden spoon and mix this well, making sure everything is covered in condensed milk.
- Now divide this mixture in half, add the pink food coloring to one half, mix well until everything is pink, and leave the other half pink.
- Prepare the dish with spray and cook and layer the white and pink mixtures on top of each other creating two colour layers. Make sure to press this down firmly.
- Leave aside to set, after a few hours, cut into blocks and serve to your guests.
SHARE THIS RECIPE