In my opinion, this is the best way to prepare chicken wings, you get the best of both worlds. The chicken is cooked thoroughly and absorbs all the great flavours of the sauce. Plus you get the crispy braai stickiness once cooked and on the braai.
- About 12 chicken wings
- 1 packet Denny cook in sauce Sweet and sour flavour
- Spring onions and sesame seeds for garnishing
- Place the chicken wings in your potjie, pour over the Denny cook in sauce and cover with the lid.
- Let the pot gently simmer on the coals for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove the cooked chicken wings from the sauce, keeping the sauce in the pot, place into a hinged grid and braai over warm coals until they start to get colour, the skin becomes crispy and the sauce a bit sticky.
- While you are braaing this, gently let the sauce in the pot keep on simmering until the sauce is thick and sticky.
- Serve the wings hot, garnished with spring onions and sesame seeds and the sauce for dipping.
SHARE THIS RECIPE