I always think that Easter Weekend is when the weather really changes. Summer is officially over come Monday. Terrifying. So while there is still little bit of summer left everything should be cooked on the braai and since chocolate is synonymous with Easter, why not combine the two! This is a fun activity for the whole family.
- One big pack of marshmallows
- 3 Bar-One Chocolates
- 500ml cold milk
- Bamboo skewers
- Add the milk and chocolates to a medium to small sized cast iron pot and place that pot over medium heat.
- As the pot heats up, the milk and chocolate should heat up together and the chocolate will melt. Stir continuously until you have one smooth chocolate sauce.
- Remove the pot from the fire. As the pot is made from cast iron it will keep its heat and the chocolate sauce will stay warm for a while.
- Put marshmallows on skewers, dip them in the chocolate sauce and enjoy.
- Encourage your kids to braai some of the skewered marshmallows by holding it over the flames or coals. Braaing marshmallows will teach your kids the fundamental principles of braaing chicken. Gentle heat and turn often; a skin that can easily burn before the inside is done.
SHARE THIS RECIPE