This recipe is a great idea for left over rice at the end of your weekend braai’s. You can also use left over braai meat that you chop, instead of the pork mince. Add any vegetables that you have available and create this delicious potjie at home.
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped (red or yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 1 tot freshly grated ginger
- 500 g pork mince
- Salt and pepper
- 1 packet white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tot soya sauce
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tot port
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil in your potjie on the fire and fry the onion and peppers until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute
- Add the pork and season with salt and pepper. Fry the pork until brown and cooked.
- Add mushrooms, season with soya sauce and port and let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and peas and mix everything well.
- Right at the end, crack the egg in the potjie and stir until it is cooked and combined into the rice.
- Season with extra salt and pepper if needed and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
SHARE THIS RECIPE