- 6 red ripe tomatoes
- Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cupOlive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 tot smoked parika
- 1 tot cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Piece of bread (optional – about 1 slice)
- Water -about 1/2 cup, depending on how thick you want the soup
- Make fire and roast your tomatoes and red pepper over hot coals until slightly charred to add some flavour.
- Add all the ingredients into a big bowl, starting with just a little bit of water and adding salt and pepper last according to taste.
- Use your stick blender or food processor to blend all the ingredients togehter until it forms a smooth soup, add more water if you think it needs more.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with good quality toasted bread or roosterkoek straight from the fire.
SHARE THIS RECIPE