- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (ask your butcher to cut them about 2.5 – 3cm thick)
- Mixture of salt, pepper and herbs (you can use anything you prefer, but oregano and rosemary will make a good combination
- 2 lemons
- 2 tots cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped and crushed)
- 2 tots olive oil
- Score the fat along edges of pork chops, this helps them stay flat as they are on the braai.
- Season and rub the pork chops all over with salt, pepper and herbs and let this rest in the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours.
- Before you braai the chops, mix the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and garlic together and baste the chops with this sauce.
- Braai the pork chops over medium heat coals, turning them often and placing them on all sides of the pork chop so it gets enough time on the coals.
- After about 15 minutes, use your meat thermometer and check the temperature, the internal temperature should be around 70”C for the chops to be cooked, but still soft and juicy on the inside.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving with extra lemon wedges.
SHARE THIS RECIPE