- 1 pork belly, skin removed
- Pink salt (curing salt) (This is a special salt that you get from your local butcher
- First weigh your pork belly.
- Use your brain and calculator and add 2.5% of the weight of the pork belly in salt.
- Add 1% of the weight of the pork belly in sugar.
- Add 0.25% of the weight of the pork in pink salt (curing salt)
- Mix it all together, rub the pork belly all over with the salt mixture and place in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
- Let this pork belly rest in the fridge for 4 days. You can turn it a few times in these few days if you want.
- After 4 days, remove the pork belly from the bag and place into your smoker for about 2 hours at 80degrees.
- After smoking the belly, use your sharpest knife and cut the belly into strips and braai over a hot fire until cooked and crispy
SHARE THIS RECIPE