Add recipe info here…
- 1 kg fresh mussels (important that they have to be fresh)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tots butter
- 2 tots fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 fresh lemon
- Light a big fire and wait till you have some coals available.
- Try to clean most of the mussels and place into a pan with holes. If you don’t have a dedicated pan with holes you can also use a metal colander , the type you use to drain your pasta.
- Place pieces of wood directly onto the coals and suspend the pan on the pieces of wood. Naturally the wood will start smoking and the heat of the coals will cook and open the mussels.
- Place the butter, garlic, parsley and fresh lemon juice in a pan and heat until the butter is just melted.
- Dress the mussels with the sauce and add extra lemon juice and parsley.
SHARE THIS RECIPE