Serve this Italian inspired meal as a snack before you start to braai your main course. This recipe is super easy, but looks very impressive. Friends and family will all be impressed and asking you for the recipe.
For the olive oil spread:
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped roughly
- Few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tots Olive oil
For the tomato salad:
- 500g cherry tomatoes chopped roughly
- 1 tot Olive oil
- 1 tot Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bunch of fresh basil
For the tomato skewers:
- 500 g tomatoes
- French Baguette bread
- 2 wheels (200 g) feta cheese
- Place the garlic, thyme and salt into you mortar and use the pestle to make a smooth paste. Add the olive oil and mix well. I you don’t have a mortar and pestle, chop everything together as finely as possible and add to the olive oil.
- Spread the bread slices with garlic olive oil and lightly toast the bread slices on a grid over hot coals with the oiled side down.
- Place the mixed tomatoes on the skewers and braai over hot coals until roasted and charred.
- Make the tomato salad by chopping up the tomatoes, seasoning with salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Build your braai bruchetta’s by starting with the toasted bread, top with tomato salad, feta cheese en the roasted tomatoes
SHARE THIS RECIPE