Always a winner at every braai! Jan Braai Boerewors with a proper relish!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 packet Jan Braai Boerewors
- 1 tot olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (seeds removed and cut into strips)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped and crushed)
- 1 chilli (chopped)
- 1 tin/sachet (50g) tomato paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tot paprika
- 1 tot apricot jam
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 hot dog rolls
- 120g Lancewood Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Heat the oil in your fireproof pan or potjie and fry the onion and pepper until soft
- Add the garlic, chilli and paprika and fry for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and apricot jam and mix everything well and let it simmer over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 15 minutes until the relish thickens.
- While the relish is simmering, braai the boerewors over hot coals for 8 -10 minutes until cooked. It should be charred on the outside, but still succulent on the inside.
- When the boerewors is ready, take it off the fire, cut into pieces and place onto a roll. Pour relish sauce over the boerewors and top with grated cheese. Serve immediately
SHARE THIS RECIPE