During the hot summer months in sunny South Africa, make this ice cold Sangria to go perfectly with your next braai.
- 1 orange
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 tots brown sugar
- 2 tots Brandy
- 250 ml good quality orange juice
- 250 ml lemonade
- 1 Bottle (750 ml) red wine (if possible use Grenache, that is a typical cultivar of red wine the Spaniards use for this drink)
- Ice blocks
- Slice the orange, lemons and limes into slices and chunks and place into a big jug. You will need the capacity of about 2L.
- Add the sugar and brandy, use a wooden spoon and work this fruit mixture to release all the good juices.
- Add the orange juice, red wine and lemonade, and mix well.
- Add the ice blocks and serve ice cold
SHARE THIS RECIPE