For the marinade:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- 1/2 tot dried thyme
- 5 allspice berries
- 1 chilli
- 1 tot chinese 5 spice mixture
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tots soya sauce
- 2 tots olive oil
- 8 – 12 chicken pieces like drumsticks, thighs and wings
- Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a blender, or use your stick blender and transform all of this into a nice thick marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces in a non metallic bowl or zip lock bag and cover all the pieces with the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the fridge and let this marinade for 24 hours at least.
- Braai the chicken over hot coals until cooked and ready to eat.
SHARE THIS RECIPE