- 8 lamb loin chops
For the Tomato based Salsa Verde:
- 3 tomatoes (as unripe as possible, roughly chopped)
- 1 red onion, grated
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh coriander leaves and stalks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
For the mielies:
- 4 mielies (corn)
- Olive oil
- 1 tot paprika
- 1 wheel feta cheese
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Freshly chopped chili or cayenne pepper
- Jan Braai Prego sauce
- Make the Salsa Verde Sauce: Finely chop all the ingredients for the sauce, you can also use your stick blender to make everything into a sauce together. Keep a cup of sauce aside to baste the chops while on the braai. Marinade the chops in the rest of the sauce. Braai the chops over hot coals and baste with the rest of the sauce while on the braai.
- Rub your mielies with olive oil and season all over with paprika and salt. Braai over hot coals until cooked and charred.
- While the mielies are braaing, also quickly char and braai the lime halves and feta cheese for a few minutes to add extra braai flavour.
- Now remove everything from the fire and set aside. Use your sharpest knife and cut the kernels from the cob into a bowl. Add the feta cheese and fresh coriander into the bowl with mielies, season with a bit of cayenne pepper and mix well
- Mix the mayonnaise and Jan Braai Prego sauce together.
- Plate your meal: Start with a layer of your Prego mayonnaise at the bottom of the plate. Place a layer of mielies on top of the sauce. And serve your braaied lamb chops on top. Garnish with micro herbs from coriander leaves.
SHARE THIS RECIPE