This burger recipe has all the good qualities of a kofta. This will be a great addition to your usual burger braai.
For the patty:
- 1kg beef or lamb mince
- 1 tot paprika
- 1 tot cumin
- 1 tot coriander
- Fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Fresh coriander, chopped finely
- ½ red onion, grated
For the sauce:
- 500 ml Full cream yogurt
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 1 tot freshly chopped mint
For the burger:
- 4 burger rolls
- Salad leaves
- Chopped tomatoes
- If you have a mincer available, use meat like brisket and make your own mince. Otherwise just use good quality beef or lamb mince to make your patties.
- Mix together all the spiced, onion and fresh herbs with the meat and make sure everything is well mixed.
- Use your recently washed hands to form 6 – 8 patties, depending on the size of patties that you want.
- Braai the patties over hot coals until medium done.
- While the meat is on the braai, prepare your sauce by combining the yogurt, cucumber, onion, garlic and mint. And season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Build your burger starting with the roll, then salad leaves, your spiced patty, yogurt sauce and top it off with fresh chopped tomatoes
SHARE THIS RECIPE