Yes, this is exactly what you think it is. Mac and cheese, in the form of a braaibroodjie. All the best worlds of comfort food, in one place.
- ½ packet of macaroni
- 1 packet of DENNY Cheese cook in sauce
- 300g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 packet streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 loaf white toaster bread
- Butter to spread on the bread slices
- Cook your macaroni in a pot according to the instructions on the packet in water until soft. Drain the water and put the macaroni aside.
- Add the bacon to your now empty pot, with a bit of olive oil and fry until cooked and crispy.
- Add the Macaroni to your bacon and pour over the Denny sauce and let this simmer for 2 minutes. Add half of the grated cheese.
- Build your braaibroodjie, spread butter on the outside of your bread slices.
- Place a spoonful of macaroni and cheese sauce on the bread, top with grated cheese and cover with the other slice of buttered bread.
- Braai the braaibroodjies in a hinged grid over medium coals and turn often making sure the outside of the bread is toasted and the cheese on the inside is melted.
SHARE THIS RECIPE