Here is a great idea to spice up your usual chicken braai, the mieliepap adds a great taste and texture to the chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts
- Cling film
- 2 tots olive oil
- 2 tots Chicken spice of your choice
- 1 cup Maize meal
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup french style mayonnaise
- Place the chicken breast fillets on a flat surface and cover with clingfilm. Use a heavy object like a rolling pin, bottle of wine or any heavy object to flatten the fillets and tenderise, so that they are the same all over.
- Drizzle olive oil over the fillets on both sides making sure they are covered all over.
- Season with chicken spice and then dust with maize meal all over to cover the fillets.
- Braai the chicken over medium hot coals for 10 – 15 minutes until cooked on the inside and crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Mix the Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard and mayonnaise together and serve with your mieliepap schnitzels.
SHARE THIS RECIPE