Posted by Craig from Durban
- 4 Sweet Mielies with their leaves on
- 2 Packets streaky bacon
- Open up your mielies
- Soak the mielies in a bucket of water for half an hour.
- Take out the mielie and open up the leaves.
- Take a piece of streaky bacon and stretch with the back of a knife.
- Then take the stretched bacon and wrap around the Mielie.
- Wrap as many pieces of bacon as you want.
- Close the leaves and toss on the braai for about 20-30 minutes
- Take off the braai.
- Open up
- The fat and flavour from the bacon flavours the mielei. Enjoy.
SHARE THIS RECIPE