Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 rump steak (about 700g – 1kg)
- ½ cup (125ml) flour
- 2 eggs ( whisked)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs
- 1 cup napoletana sauce (heated, the ready made sauce you can buy in the pasta isle)
- 6 – 8 slices of cooked ham
- Lancewood Sauce delight Cheese sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh herbs like oregano
- Cover your steak with cling wrap and hit the steak hard with a heavy object like a cake pin roller or wine bottle. Flatten the steak with a heavy object until it is the same thickness all over.
- Dust the steak with flour and season with salt and pepper
- Whisk the eggs and place on a big flat plate, and place the crumbs on another plate. Dip the flour covered steak into the eggs, and then into the crumbs, making sure the entire steak is covered with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat up your napoletana sauce and cheese sauce just before you start to braai your steak.
- Heat a cast iron plate or pan on the fire and drizzle some olive oil on top. Fry the steak on the hot plate turning often to make sure it does not burn.
- Pour over your warm napolitana sauce and then carefully place the slices of ham on top. Then pour over the warm cheese sauce. Cover with grated cheese and dress the steak with chopped herbs.
- Serve the steak immediately cutting into strips with sauce and cheese.
SHARE THIS RECIPE