This butter is full of flavour and can be served with any cut of steak. You can make the butter ahead and use it as needed.
- About 3 minute steaks per person/serving
- salt and pepper for the steaks
- ½block soft butter (250g)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tot Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tot fresh parsley (chopped)1 lemon(juice and zest
- Place all the ingredients, except the steak and butter, into the food processor or in a bowl (if using a stick blender), and blend well until it forms a smooth paste. Add the butter and mix well until everything is properly combined.
- Braai the minute steaks over very hot coals for about 2 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove the steaks from the fire, plate them by placing 1 steak on the plate then a spoonful of butter, followed by another steak and butter and ending with the 3rd steak and another dollop of butter.
- The heat of the meat should make the butter melt, seeping into and flavouring the steak.
To improve your butter presentation, place the prepared butter from step 1 on a piece of foil or wax paper and form it into a sausage shape. Close the ends and refrigerate until it is firm. You can then slice it into discs before placing it on the steaks. Tis is an optional step that makes no difference to the taste of the butter.
SHARE THIS RECIPE