Obatzda is a Bavarian cheese delicacy and best served with freshly baked roosterkoek from the fire.
- 1 block of Brie or Camembert cheese
- 2 tots soft butter
- 1 tub (250 g) plain cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 of an onion very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tots beer
- 1 tot freshly chopped chives
- Cut off most of the hard edges of the Brie or Camembert cheese and chop into small pieces and mash finely with a fork.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, paprika, chopped onion and cumin and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the beer and mix again until a smooth mixture.
- Add the fresh chives and serve with freshly baked roosterkoek, or any other fresh baked bread.
SHARE THIS RECIPE