Ready made pasta sauces are available in most supermarkets these days. These sauces already has a lot of flavour herbs and spices in, so it will make the preparation of your pizza much easier. But you can also make your own home made tomato sauce and use that.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tot sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet (15g) instant yeast
- 1 cup luke warm water
For the toppings:
- 1 bottle ready prepared Napolitana/tomato based sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salami slices
- Feta cheese
- Fresh herbs like oregano
- Mix the flour, sugar, yeast and salt together. Add the water bit by bit while kneading and mixing your mixture until it starts to look more like a piece of dough. Use your recently washed hands to knead the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is soft, even and elastic.
- Use your rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is a thing flat round circle.
- Prepare your potjie with non stick cooking spray and baking paper and place the dough inside your no 10 flat bottom potjie and close the lid
- Place the potjie over medium coals under the pot and a few coals on top of the lid. Bake for about 15 minutes until the base is cooked and crispy.
- Remove the potjie from the fire and top the pizza base with tomato, mozzarella, salami and feta. Place it back on the fire the same way with coals under the potjie and on top for about 8 – 10 minutes until the cheese si melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the potjie by taking the whole baking paper out of the potjie. Garnish with fresh herbs. Place on a wooden cutting board and slice into pieces and serve immediately
SHARE THIS RECIPE