This is a fantastic summer recipe and serves well as an appetizer or with tapas.
- 750g King Prawns, deveined with tails still intact
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 50 ml olive oil
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- Sea salt and coarse pepper
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- Mix 100ml mayonnaise with 30ml sweet chilli sauce. Adjust measurements to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix the ingredients together in a non-metallic marinating bowl. Add the prawns and make sure that they are covered with the marinade. Cover with cling wrap and put the marinating prawns in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Thread marinated prawns on skewers and braai on high heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until prawns turn pink and are cooked through. If you are using bamboo skewers, make sure that they are soaked beforehand so that they don’t ignite on the braai.
SHARE THIS RECIPE