During the filming of this episode we used local produce from Prins Albert. Made sure you use good quality ingredients to have the best braaibroodjie!
- 8 slices of freshly baked bread
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 200g good quality cheddar cheese
- 1 packet good quality bacon
- olive oil
- Braai the bacon over hot coals in a hinged grid, this is the best way to cook bacon and get it nice and crispy.
- Build the braaibroodjie: Place the bread on the grid and top with sliced of tomato and red onion. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and lastly bacon on top.
- Cover with the other slice of bread and close the bread in your hinged grid. Drizzle with olive oil on both sides of the bread.
- Braai on medium heat and turn often. Remember, Braaibroodjies is draaibroodjies. The broodjie is perfect when the outside is toasted and the cheese melted on the inside.
SHARE THIS RECIPE