- 1 tot Olive oil
- 1 tot Butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 baby marrows, chopped
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Freshly toasted bread
- Heat your potjie over medium coals on the fire. Add the oil and butter to your potjie.
- Fry the onion and pepper in the oil and butter until soft. Add the marrows and aubergine and and fry for a few minutes until soft. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes to the vegetables, place the lid on top of the pot and let this simmer for 20 minutes untill all the vegetables are soft, season with a bit more salt and pepper if needed.
- Make holes in the vegetable mixture in the pot, and break an egg into the holes. Place the lid on the potjie again and let this cook for about 5 minutes untill the white of the egg is cooked.
- Serve an egg with ratatouille sauce on top of a slice of toasted bread.
SHARE THIS RECIPE