- 1 green apple like granny smith
- juice from 1 lemon
- fresh grapes (you can leave some of the grapes whole and some halved)
- olive oil
- baby gem lettuce
- baby spinach leaves
- 200g creamy blue cheese (something like a cremenzola)
- 1 cup yogurt (full cream or double cream)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup walnuts (toasted)
- Slice the apple into thin slices and dress with lemon juice to prevent the apple from going brown.
- Place the apples and grapes into the Jan Braai wok and braai over hot coals to char a bit. This will only take about 3 -4 minutes.
- Mix the blue cheese and yogurt together with your food processor or stick blender until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the baby gem leaves and spinach leaves in a bowl and use your hands to toss the salad around and cover it all with the sauce. This is a very important step to do with your hands, to make sure everything gets covered.
- Toast the walnuts in your fireproof pan on the fire for a few minutes, making sure not to burn them, this happens very quickly. Chop the nuts roughly
- Plate your salad: Place the salad leaves with sauce at the bottom, top with apples and grapes. And then a generous serving of the nuts on top.
SHARE THIS RECIPE