The Satay Sauce originates in eastern cooking and was developed in countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and China. In the west it is particularly popular in the Netherlands. A satay sauce goes well with braaied food, especially with chicken.
- 1 tsp oil (If you can find peanut oil, that. Otherwise normal sunflower oil will do.)
- half small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 1 small, fresh chili, finely chopped
- half a cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tot soy sauce
- 1/2 tot fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tot brown sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook onion until soft and golden. Add garlic and chili and cook for a further minute.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Stir frequently and keep sauce on medium heat until it starts to boil. It is not ready or you can further heat and stir until it has thickened to your liking.
SHARE THIS RECIPE