- 1 tot olive oil
- 8 chicken pieces (drums and thighs)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 bottle sherry (the old brown type will do – 750ml)
- 2 cups (250 ml) fresh cream
- 1 packet mushrooms
- Make a big fire and heat your potjie on the fire.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper and brown the chicken for a few minutes in the potjie.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the sherry and lower the heat under the potjie, let the sherry simmer until it forms a thick syrup, there should be at least half of the liquid left that you started with, even less.
- Now add the cream and mushrooms, let this simmer and thicken for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh bread or rice.
SHARE THIS RECIPE