This is probably one of the best ways to dress your steak. Lots of flavour and goodness!
- 1 kg Rump steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole Ciabatta cut into slices
- Olive oil and salt
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tot capers
- 1 tot Worcester sauce
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tots Mayonnaise
- 1 tot Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 bag of Romaine/Cos Lettuce
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving
- Cut your ciabatta into slices and generously pour olive oil over the bread and season with salt. Braai until toasted, golden brown and crisp. Cut these slices then into bite size blocks.
- Mix the capers, worcester sauce, anchovies, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and lemon juice together in a food blender or your porter and pestle until it resembles a smooth paste. Add a bit of olive oil at the end to make it a bit more runny.
- Braai your steak over hot coals to medium rare and season with salt and pepper. Once the steak is done, let it rest for a few minutes and cut into thin slices
- Place the steak and bread blocks into a big bowl and toss the steak and bread with the sauce so that everything is coated with the caesar dressing.
- Slice your lettuce and serve the steak and bread on top of the bed of lettuce. Dress the whole dish with generous amounts of parmesan cheese and serve.
SHARE THIS RECIPE