This was submitted by avid braaier from Durban, Amith Gosai. If you have a special recipe worthy of being on this website, please submit it at the bottom of the recipes page. But follow the example set by Amith, and type clearly and coherently, so that the recipe can be understood and executed by other people. We are not necessarily looking for poetry, but for clear instructions. If you have additional advice, give it. If you have a camera that takes decent photos, take a picture of the dish, and email it to me.
- Any cut Lamb chops (4)
- 3 green chillis
- 1 clove garlic
- fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp Worcester Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce (any variety)
- Mince the chilli’s, garlic & ginger then mix together in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, brown sugar & black pepper.
- Mix well and add the oil to form a paste.
- Add the bbq sauce, lemon juice & Worcester Sauce.
- When you have your marinade, rub it onto each chop making sure you coat them well. Allow to marinate in the fridge for an hour after which its ready to go on the hot braai.
If you find it dry, you can make a quick basting sauce for it while on the grill. melt butter, peri peri sauce & honey. mix well & pour over the chops as they’re getting braaied.
SHARE THIS RECIPE